CITESTE MAI MULT
A social scientist examines the subtly damaging effects of shame and embarrassment on our everyday lives and offers a powerful program for overcoming them.
What is embarrassment? What really causes it, and when does it stop being an emotion that can just be brushed away with the fleeting hope that no real harm has been done? In I Can't Believe I Just Did That, David Allyn reveals how the feelings of confusion and self-doubt associated with embarrassment can powerfully affect the overall quality of our lives. With a complete program for identifying and managing embarrassment and repairing the harm it can inflict, Allyn's book shows how to:
- decipher the underlying fears of embarrassment that are holding you back
- admit to others when embarrassment leads you to behave in a way that you didn't intend
- find the courage to say what you really think
- manage the emotions associated with embarrassment as you are experiencing them; and
- gain the confidence to be free of embarrassment in every area of your life.
A revolutionary look at a commonplace emotion that we shouldn't simply learn to ignore, this book will dramatically improve how you live your life.
EdituraPenguin Putnam Inc
Dimensiuni229 x 153 x 19
Aceasta este o carte in limba engleza. Descrierea cartii (tradusa din engleza cu Google Translate) este in limba romana din motive legale.
Un om de stiinta social examineaza efectele subtil daunatoare ale rusinii si jenei asupra vietii noastre de zi cu zi si ofera un program puternic pentru depasirea lor. Ce este jena?